- General Assembly is the annual meeting of our Unitarian Universalist Association. Delegates from congregations make the decisions for the UUA. Delegates decide what issues need attention and what UU’s think should be done.
- Highlights include: Worship, Speakers, Service Projects, Banner Parade, Synergy Bridging Service, Public Witness, UUA Bookstore onsite, very active participation by Youth Caucus. Usually, about 4,000 UU’s, from about 600 congregations, attend GA. About 2,000 attendees are delegates.
- Lots more information at the UUA website.
Why should I go to GA?
In a time of great challenge and heartbreak in our world, what does our faith demand from us? At this year’s General Assembly we will explore the power, possibility, purpose, struggle and joy of finding the path forward together as Unitarian Universalists. Join us as we work for collective liberation inside and outside our faith.
- Watch GA Events live-streamed or as on-demand video. Two good examples: are Wednesday evening, June 19: Opening Ceremony & Worship: Coming Home, 9 to 10 p.m. CDT (Houston) and the Sunday morning worship, June 23: In This Delicate Turning – noon to 1:30 p.m. CDT (Houston)
- GA Program Book – descriptions of all events and workshops
- GA Schedule – 1-page summary of events
- The UU World online magazine will provide timely reports and articles on their GA Blog, illustrated by some striking selections from their Photostream on Flickr. Follow @UUWorld on Twitter for up-to-the-minute UU news.