Between Sundays (News and Ideas for Home)
Between Sundays, because we’re always learning and growing!
What are we learning this Sunday, August 5th?
Kindness Club – 11:15 to Noon in Room 108 – We’re talking about trees – the many ways they help us, and how we can be kind to trees. The lesson includes a nature tour, art, and trying tree fruits!
Want to get a weekly text about Sunday School? Sign up here!
Invitations beyond Sunday School
Parents – our greeter team’s hoping you can help out one Sunday a month – it’s mostly smiling and sharing information! Drop by the welcome area any Sunday.
THIS SUMMER – Unitarian Universalist Summer Camps at U-Bar-U for families and children!
While our Director of Religious Education Katy is on sabbatical this summer, this section will not be regularly updated – make sure you’re subscribed to our weekly e-blast to get the latest news! That form is at the bottom of our home page.
Parents are a child’s primary religious educators, and our take home pages often include hints and activities you might consider for during the week.
- Our children and youth worked in our Walden Prairie–flowers and grasses are flourishing! Interested in doing a little gardening at home? Here are a few starter tips.
- In March our Coming of Age group went to Brazos Bend State Park for their Spring Retreat. When did you last visit a Texas State Park?
- Our Pinterest Boards have oodles of ideas for you.
- Are you following us on Facebook? We update several times a week!
How do we practice our values in the world? Here are a few examples:
- Each Sunday we give away our open plate offerings–to Interfaith Ministries’ Meals on Wheels and the monthly Share the Plate recipients.
- Our Summer Sundays program includes weekly activities for increasing KINDNESS IN THE WORLD!
- Thanks to all who helped out with Rebuilding Together Houston! Fall dates will be October 20 and 27!