Between Sundays (News and Ideas for Home)
Between Sundays, because we’re always learning and growing!
Each Sunday we begin in the worship service with our families. This Sunday is our Coming of Age service, with eighth graders sharing their credo statements. Most children and youth stay for the entire worship service.
Around 11:15, our Preschool/Kinder class heads to Room 105 for their lesson People Know Me.
Want to get a weekly text about Sunday School? Sign up here!
Invitations beyond Sunday School
Parents – our greeter team’s hoping you can help out one Sunday a month – it’s mostly smiling and sharing information! Katy can get you connected.
Rebuilding Together Houston – Saturday April 21 – Scrape, repair, and paint the home of a Houstonian in need. Lunch & tools provided – bring your work gloves and don’t forget sunscreen! Contact: Jane Zachritz.
Garden of Whimsy – Emerson’s annual auction fundraiser – April 28, 5:30 to 9ish
Plan to attend! And do you have a service, party, or goods you might donate?
We’ll have a Trolls Movie Party for children-reserve a spot here!
Interfaith Environmental Stewardship Event, April 29, 1:30 p.m. at Willow Waterhole Greenspace. Water and mulch around trees in new arboretum prior to the grand opening. Activities for all ages and skill levels–bring the whole family, your neighbors and your friends. Tools/supplies provided. A partnership of Christ the King Evangelical Lutheran Church, the Interfaith Environmental Network of Houston, and the Willow Waterhole Greenspace Conservancy.
THIS SUMMER – Unitarian Universalist Summer Camps at U-Bar-U for families and children!
Parents are a child’s primary religious educators, and our take home pages often include hints and activities you might consider for during the week.
- Our children and youth worked in our Walden Prairie–flowers and grasses are flourishing! Interested in doing a little gardening at home? Here are a few starter tips.
- In March our Coming of Age group went to Brazos Bend State Park for their Spring Retreat. When did you last visit a Texas State Park?
- Our Pinterest Boards have oodles of ideas for you.
Interested in helping with our Pinterest project? Let Katy know!
How do we practice our values in the world? Here are a few upcoming opportunities:
- Each Sunday we give away our open plate offerings–to Interfaith Ministries’ Meals on Wheels and the monthly Share the Plate recipients. In April Our Coming of Age Class encourages all to give generously to our Share the Plate charity Covenant House Texas. For over thirty-five years, Covenant House has supported homeless youth and young adults in Houston – providing shelter, medical care, training, and counseling.
- Rebuilding Together Houston Spring Dates are April 14 and 21.