Between Sundays (News and Ideas for Home)
Between Sundays, because we’re always learning and growing!
What are we learning this Sunday, June 10th?
Each Sunday we begin in the worship service with our families. This Sunday:
Kindness Club – 11:15 to Noon in Room 108 – We’ll practice kindness to others with chalk and affirmations! (Be sure to look on the sidewalks as you leave church!)
Want to get a weekly text about Sunday School? Sign up here!
Invitations beyond Sunday School
Parents – our greeter team’s hoping you can help out one Sunday a month – it’s mostly smiling and sharing information! Drop by the welcome area any Sunday.
THIS SUMMER – Unitarian Universalist Summer Camps at U-Bar-U for families and children!
While our Director of Religious Education Katy is on sabbatical this summer, this section will not be regularly updated – make sure you’re subscribed to our weekly e-blast to get the latest news! That form is at the bottom of our home page.
Parents are a child’s primary religious educators, and our take home pages often include hints and activities you might consider for during the week.
- Our children and youth worked in our Walden Prairie–flowers and grasses are flourishing! Interested in doing a little gardening at home? Here are a few starter tips.
- In March our Coming of Age group went to Brazos Bend State Park for their Spring Retreat. When did you last visit a Texas State Park?
- Our Pinterest Boards have oodles of ideas for you.
- Are you following us on Facebook? We update several times a week!
How do we practice our values in the world? Here are a few examples:
- Each Sunday we give away our open plate offerings–to Interfaith Ministries’ Meals on Wheels and the monthly Share the Plate recipients.
- Our Summer Sundays program includes weekly activities for increasing KINDNESS IN THE WORLD!
- Thanks to all who helped out with Rebuilding Together Houston! Fall dates will be in October!