Between Sundays (News and Ideas for Home)
Between Sundays, because we’re always learning and growing!
Our Sunday School year is underway!
Each week we begin in the worship service with our families, then head to classes @11:15.
Preschool/Kinder: I Can Talk!
First to Fourth Grade: We Love to Discover
Fifth to Eight Grade: Heresy! From Martin Luther to UU
High School: What Are Your Rights?
Learn more about our Sunday School program.
Invitations beyond Sunday School
Rebuilding Together Houston – October 21 and 28, offsite. (Site info in the e-blast or Sundays in the Gathering Place!)
Walk to Feed the Hungry – Saturday, November 4 (8 a.m. – noon), Emerson will be participating in the Walk to Feed the Hungry at the Houston Zen Center in the Heights. To find out more about the walk and to sign up, please visit this website, select “Teams” and then select “Emerson UU”. You can also be a “Spirit” Walker!
Parents are a child’s primary religious educators, and our take home pages often include hints and activities you might consider for during the week.
- Our children and youth worked in our Walden Prairie–flowers and grasses are flourishing! Interested in doing a little gardening at home? Here are a few starter tips.
- In March our Coming of Age group went to Brazos Bend State Park for their Spring Retreat. When did you last visit a Texas State Park?
- Our Pinterest Boards have oodles of ideas for you.
Interested in helping with our Pinterest project? Let Katy know!
How do we practice our values in the world? Here are a few upcoming opportunities:
- Each Sunday we give away our open plate offerings–to Interfaith Ministries’ Meals on Wheels and the monthly Share the Plate recipients. In October we support ANSWER-Nepal, providing education to lower-caste children and women of Nepal.
- Our fall Rebuilding Together dates will be October 21 and 28–more details soon!