Between Sundays (News and Ideas for Home)
Between Sundays, because we’re always learning and growing!
What’s happening Sunday, December 16th?
Families begin together in the sanctuary at 11 AM, with children and teachers heading to classes around 11:15.
Preschool/Kindergarten: How Many Days Until Christmas?
First to Fourth Grade: Gingerbread Constructions
Fifth to Eighth Grade: The Diversity of Us
High School Group: Games with Grads
Want to get a weekly text about Sunday School? Sign up here!
So we can best prepare for all families, please take a few minutes to register for our 2018-2019 program, even if you have registered in the past.
Invitations beyond Sunday School
Solstice Celebration – Friday, December 21 @7:30 PM – join us in the sanctuary for a family-friendly evening of music, readings, and candlelight. We will light a circle of candles all around the Sanctuary as music moves us from the dark silence of the quiet earth to a hopeful call for the return of the sun. Linger after the service for refreshments and perhaps a little impromptu dancing. We invite you to bring a plate of goodies to share. If you’d like to help, contact Ann or Robin at email@example.com. For childcare, RSVP to the church office (713 782 8250) by Tuesday, December 18.
Christmas Eve Service – Monday, December 24, 5:30 to 6:30
Carols and stories and candlelight – join us for this peaceful evening service. Note: Our nursery is closed Christmas Eve so childcare workers can spend the holiday with their families.
Parents are a child’s primary religious educators, and our take home pages often include hints and activities you might consider for during the week.
- Our children and youth worked in our Walden Prairie–flowers and grasses are flourishing! Interested in doing a little gardening at home? Here are a few starter tips.
- In March our Coming of Age group went to Brazos Bend State Park for their Spring Retreat. When did you last visit a Texas State Park?
- Our Pinterest Boards have oodles of ideas for you.
- Are you following us on Facebook? We update several times a week!
How do we practice our values in the world? Here are a few examples:
- Each Sunday we give away our open plate offerings–to Interfaith Ministries’ Meals on Wheels and the monthly Share the Plate recipients.
- Our ELL program is underway – many opportunities to volunteer!
- Thanks to all who helped out with Rebuilding Together Houston October 20 and 27. We’ll announce Spring dates when we get them!
- Bring a sleeping bag or adult-sized jackets and winter wear to our Mitten Tree, to support homeless youth in the Houston area.