Between Sundays (News and Ideas for Home)
Between Sundays, because we’re always learning and growing!
What’s happening Sunday, October 14th?
Each week all ages begin in the worship service.
This Sunday fifth grade and up will attend the full service.
Around 11:15 teachers and students head to classes:
- Preschool-Kinder: Room 105 – Making chalices
- 1st to 4th Grade: Room 107 – Making Coffee Hour Snacks!
Want to get a weekly text about Sunday School? Sign up here!
So we can best prepare for all families, please take a few minutes to register for our 2018-2019 program, even if you have registered in the past.
Invitations beyond Sunday School
Fall Fellowship Feast – October 13, 5:30 PM – let’s share a meal and enjoy one another’s company!
Rebuilding Together Houston– October 20 & 27, offsite – more details to come!
UNICEF Carnival – October 28, after service – our own old-school courtyard carnival, raising funds for UNICEF!
Parents are a child’s primary religious educators, and our take home pages often include hints and activities you might consider for during the week.
- Our children and youth worked in our Walden Prairie–flowers and grasses are flourishing! Interested in doing a little gardening at home? Here are a few starter tips.
- In March our Coming of Age group went to Brazos Bend State Park for their Spring Retreat. When did you last visit a Texas State Park?
- Our Pinterest Boards have oodles of ideas for you.
- Are you following us on Facebook? We update several times a week!
How do we practice our values in the world? Here are a few examples:
- Each Sunday we give away our open plate offerings–to Interfaith Ministries’ Meals on Wheels and the monthly Share the Plate recipients.
- Our ELL program is underway – many opportunities to volunteer!
- Thanks to all who helped out with Rebuilding Together Houston! Fall dates will be October 20 and 27 (8 AM to 4 PM)!
- Saturday, December 8th, we’ll do a day of service (Noon to 4 PM) at the Houston Food Bank!